[3830] CW Sprint K5NZ/M AR (Little Story)

K5NZ at aol.com K5NZ at aol.com
Mon Sep 7 11:08:24 EDT 1998

Well if Sprint isn't already tough enuf... try /M and see what kind of
headache you can drum up! ;-)

I thought I would try to get on for a few Q's and give out AR since it always
seems to be a hard one for me.  Was in Gillett, AR for my grandfathers 90th B-
day!  Had a big party with over 100 attending including state Congressman
Berry, who gave him a letter from Clinton and a copy of a statement of record
in the congress thanking him for his years of being a devoted outdoors man in
Ark.  He is in great health and still goes fishing or hunting almost everyday
of the year!  He has been a great influence in my life.

The party ended at 0100 and I went out to the truck and drove out to his farm
about 10mins away.  Man was it quiet out there!  First Q was at 0125 w/ K8MM
on 20m. N7LOX really worked hard to pull me out but QRM just killed us and had
to wipe that one out. Sorry Brian!  At 0149 CT1BOH answers my CQ, WOW, thanks
Jose for my first mobile DX !  Worked K5ZD on 20 and 40.  Had a bunch of QTH
??,  then they were glad to hear I was in AR instead of TX !  Glad I could
help.  I tried to call many of the regulars but alway got beat out, so tried
to Cq at the top and bottom of the fray and many found me that way..  My last
Q was AA5BT at 0305 as my laptop battery was about dead and the mesquitos were
about to eat me up with the windows down.  I did try to load up on 80m for a
quick pass up the band but it just wouldn't work..

Thanks for pulling me out of the mud and we'll see you in SSB this weekend
from home QTH LP as WA7BMN and I go at it again!

c ya mike..

                              SPRINT SUMMARY SHEET

     Contest Date : 06-Sep-98

    Callsign Used : K5NZ/M

         Operator : K5NZ

         Category : SO

 Default Exchange : Mike AR

           Station: FT890  Hamsticks  TR Log   91' Ford Ranger

                    Team/Club : TDXS

   40CW       53          53         53      14

   20CW       26          26         26      12

 Totals       79          79         79      26

    Final Score = 2054 points.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com