[3830] 99 WPX SSB - VE6SV M/S

Gord Kosmenko gkosmenko at arrowspeed.com
Thu Apr 1 00:56:56 EST 1999

                  CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: VE6SV                    Country:  Canada
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Multi Single

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES

      160       38      139   3.7        8
       80      189      669   3.5       32
       40      334     1478   4.4       68
       20      950     2167   2.3      269
       15     1735     4514   2.6      5553
       10      183      413   2.3       50
     --------------------------------------

     Totals   3429    9380   2.7      978 =   9,173,640

VE6SV Team operators: VO1CV VE6AKY VE6EPK VE6EX VE6NAP
                      VE6WQ VE6SV

It was a sucess contest for the VE6SV team.  The nighttime prop was not very
good
to us, we had some very slow times. We were all a little disappointed in 10
meters
as it did not meet our expectations for were we are or should be in this new
sunspot
cycle. Of course, a little disappointed in not breaking the Canadian M/S record
of
11.3M  Maybe next year !

We also agreed that we could have tried a little harder to run the prefix multi
total
to over 1000. Our packet spot, move multi operating skills need to be improved
for
the next event.

As a M/S effort it was a real battle to either keep the runs going when the
rate
dropped below 50Qs/Hr or make a band change for mults, this was our constant
20M - 15M operating battle.

On behalf of VE6SV Team, I would like to thank everyone who gave us a contact
in
the contest - it was very much appreciated and please keep us some time in
responding to your QSL card requests. BTW, the guest ops took QSL cards from
previous contest home to help get them out faster.

73 de TEAM VE6SV
Gordon R. Kosmenko           Telephone (780) 414-1266
Arrow Speed Controls Ltd     Fax             (780) 414-1269
#205 - 6030 88th Street      Email gkosmenko at arrowspeed.com
Edmonton, AB   T6E 6G4       Cellular  (403) 908-1145

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com