[3830] WP2Z (W6XK, op) 1999 CQWW WPX SSB Claimed

W6XK at aol.com W6XK at aol.com
Fri Apr 2 19:44:04 EST 1999

What a ride.....This operation was SOSB/10 (high power).
Vy 73, Chet Jensen  W6XK/W7XK     W6XK at aol.com

Here is the final tally submitted to the contest sponsor for verification:

Contest Call:  WP2Z (St. Croix, USVI)
Operator:  W6XK
Category:  SOSB/10
Total Operating Time: 29.7 hours (total time band was open during 36-hr. time
limit)
Highest Rate:  241.6 (last 10 minutes)
Club Affiliation:  NCCC

Total Qs:  3661
Total Q points:  8893
Points per Q:  2.4
Mults:  866
Final Score:  7,701,338

Comments:  Wow!  HAM HEAVEN.  Terrific propagation and loud signals.  I did
not know that KP2 was so rare (based on the number of Europeans calling!).
Outstanding equipment set-up tnx to Larry, KE2VB -- FT-1000, Ameritron amp,
and a F-12 C-4.  I also worked another 825 Qs before/after the 'test as
W6XK/KP2.   Karen (KA6REN) and I also enjoyed the island life -- food, drink,
beaches, culture, and those sunsets!!  I was extremely pleased with 7.7M (The
North America SOSB/10 record is 4.7M, set by J68AX in 1992).

73, Chet  W6XK/W7XK
W6XK at aol.com

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com