[3830] FQP - N4DL - SO,LP,CW

Gary Powell grpowell at concentric.net
Tue Apr 27 18:46:54 EDT 1999

                    Florida QSO Party - 1999

      Call: N4DL                     Country:  United States
                                     Category: Single Operator, Low
Power, CW (not a typo)

      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  STATES  COUNTRIES

      CW       332     1328       46       21

      Totals   332     1328       46       21  =   88,976

All reports sent were 599, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description:  Kenwood TS850S/AT (100 watts)
Cushcraft 4 ele 20M monoband @ 40 feet, 40M dipole @ 35 feet

Five words: Twenty was terrible on Sunday.  Had a blast using the
computer and TR for
keying (no paddles at all).  It took a while to get used to typing
instead of sending,
but made it a heck of a lot easier for me.  Saturday was pretty good,
with 231
Q's and no really dead times.  Sunday was a different story.  1600 -
1959 netted 16 Q's.
I have to admit that at one point I turned on the computer in the family
room and
played Descent.  Even took the XYL to lunch at Steak-n-Shake.  All in
all, had
a good time.  Worked a lot of the FCG guys.
Missed eight states (ID, ME, NM, SC, VT, WY, HI, AK).

Club Affiliation: Lakeland Amateur Radio Club

Gary Powell, N4DL
The Florida Contest Group   http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm
My Homepage http://www.concentric.net/~grpowell

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com