[3830] WL7KY NAQP CW

Chris Hurlbut kl7fh at customcpu.com
Sat Aug 7 23:25:29 EDT 1999

ARGH:

	Q's	Mults

80m    1	1
40m     49       15
20m    244     53
15m    19       11
10m     yeah   right

313 x 80=  25,040
Team:  Team PED

This was probably one of the least memorable contesting experiences I have
had.  Condx were TERRIBLE.  The aurora the night before really messed
things up.  Domestic contests are tough enough from Alaska.  When condx are
extremely poor, it's not even worth doing.  To think I gave up a fishing
trip to do this!  :)
I apologize to anyway I said no to that asked for a QSY to 15 or 10.  The
bands were just not open yet... and they barely opened anyway.  The low
bands are hard enough, but at 0600z  (10pm local) it's still daylight in
AK, so it's even harder.  I heard tons, but just couldn't get through.
Many many loud east coasters just couldn't hear me, not even a ..--..

This was only my 2nd NAQP, and the first one was definitely a lot more fun.
 I was only in it for about 4 hours, and had 95 q's on 10m even.  45k+
points.  Oh well, hopefully the Jan 2000 ones will be better.

Thanks to K6AW for the 80m Q... he was the only one that could hear me.

One last thing... if I have to repeat Chris one more time, I'm going to
have a nervous break down.

-Chris (not Chuck, or Chas... but CHRIS)  WL7KY

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com