[3830] AA3B 1999 WAE CW Score SO HP

The Trench Family cwtrench at sprynet.com
Mon Aug 16 01:48:17 EDT 1999

We had several big thunderstorms come through here starting at
around 0230Z on Saturday, delivering about 4 inches of rain.
While we needed the rain, the off time during the storms sure
hurt my numbers on 40 and 80!  I also had to shut down twice at
around 2200Z on Saturday due to thunderstorms, but these were
short outages compared to the 0230Z event.  Needless to say, QRN
was a problem during the first half of the contest - sorry of all
the requests for repeats!

I thought that 40, 20 and 15 were generally in good shape.  I had
some real nice runs on 40 and 20 at the European sunrise on
Sunday morning, and on 15 at our sunrise, both days.  Ten opened
on Sunday afternoon here, just as I was starting to feel
fatigued.  There is nothing more invigorating than a whole bunch
of new multipliers late in a contest!

This is my best score ever in this contest.  Thanks for all the
QSOs!

73 Bud AA3B
mailto:cwtrench at sprynet.com

                 DARC WORKED ALL EUROPE CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: AA3B                     Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator

     BAND     QSO   QTC    Cty   Mult

      160       0     0      0      0
       80      20    20      9     36
       40     217   217     36    108
       20     442   442     42     84
       15     585   585     42     84
       10      61    61     25     50

    Totals   1325  1325    154    362 = 959,300

Total On Time:  36 Hours

Off times:  8/14:  0248Z - 1005Z; 2010Z - 2038Z
            8/15:  0637Z - 1037Z; Ended at 2344Z

All reports sent were 599.

Equipment Description:

Station #1: TS940s / HF2500    Station #2: TS830S / 30L1

80M: Inverted L Box and Inverted Vee @ 60’
40M: 3 Element Wire Beam fixed NE @ 50’ and Inverted Vee @ 55’
10M, 15M, 20M: A3 Tribander @ 70’

Club Affiliation: Frankford Radio Club