[3830] K6LL NAQP SSB score

k6ll at juno.com k6ll at juno.com
Sun Aug 22 20:18:04 EDT 1999

               NA QSO SUMMARY SHEET - K6LL

 Info sent: DAVE AZ

  160SSB      10          10         10       6
   80SSB      33          33         33      18
   40SSB     188         188        188      47
   20SSB     418         414        414      56
   15SSB     388         383        383      47
   10SSB      19          19         19      13

 Totals     1056        1047       1047     187

    Final Score = 195,789 points.

tribander @ 48'
shorty 40 @ 55'
half sloper from 46'
one TS-850

Conditions were rather strange. 10 was open to backscatter
from the south all across the country, but with only one
tribander it was difficult to move people to 10 because I
had to keep swinging the antenna.

Somebody gave me Y2K for a name, and TR-log interpreted it
as a callsign update, creating a three ring circus for that
qso.

I've been dragging my feet getting a 2-radio setup going on
ssb, but I think I'll work on that project next. I could have
used it in this one, even with the limited antenna options.

20 sounded like it was going to die at about 3 p.m., but it
hung in there for a couple more hours.

It looks like the SSTV crowd has staked out a full 10khz+
around 14230. It was kind of fun for a while playing tag
with the jammers on the outskirts of that "window."

I think the four NAQP's are the best contests of the year.
It's nice to see the same folks every time, and the
multiplier strategy adds a nice dimension. It was well worth
commuting from 72 degree San Diego to 112 degree Yuma for
this one.

Thanks to everyone for all the qso's, and especially to all the
folks who moved to different bands.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
San Diego, CA
K6LL at juno.com