[3830] WANTED: Logs for Contest Master Callsign Database 2000

Jim Reisert jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Mon Aug 30 15:41:08 EDT 1999

With the 1998-1999 contest season fast approaching, it's time to update the
master callsign database that is used by CT, NA and TR logging
programs.  This database helps people match partial callsigns using their
logging program's "Super Check Partial" feature, even if you haven't worked
that call yet.

This year, I only need logs from the 1998-1999 contest season.  This includes:

         CQWW (October and November 1998)
         ARRL Sweepstakes (November 1998)
         ARRL DX (February and March 1999)
         CQ WPX (March and May 1999)
         IARU HF Championship (July 1999)

Of course, logs from the 10 meter and 160 meter contests, All Asia, and WAE
are also welcome.

I especially need logs from Europe, Asia and the many DXpeditions that were
active.  This way we'll get a good balance of stateside as well as DX
callsigns in the database.

If you sent your CQWW log electronically, and you have a "UBN" page on the
cqww.com web server, just send me your password (CW and/or SSB) and I'll
download the log from there, no need to E-mail it to me.

I prefer to receive original .BIN files from CT.  If you are using NA or
TR, please send me the ASCII-formatted log file instead.  You can send the
log file to me as an attachment from your E-mail program.  Please note the
contest name, date and callsign used in your E-mail message (it makes it
easier for me to put the file in the right place).  I don't have an FTP
site for uploading log files, but might be able to work something out if
there is enough demand.

A week or two before the CQWW Phone contest, I will announce the location
of the updated master callsign files.

Please send logs and any comments or questions to <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>.
I will try to acknowledge every log I receive, usually within a day or two.

Thanks again for your continued cooperation in this effort.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>
http://jjr.ne.mediaone.net