[3830] CQWW CW LA9GX Multi-Single HP

tosigurd at online.no tosigurd at online.no
Wed Dec 1 09:12:32 EST 1999

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: LA9GX
Operator(s): LA9GX, LA6YEA, LA5UF
Station: LA9GX

Class: Multi-Single HP

  160:     92      8     43
   80:    623     23     91
   40:    649     33    107
   20:    992     37    115
   15:    980     37    118
   10:   1150     39    139
-------------------------------
Total:   4492    177    613  =  7739630

Comments:

What a great time! Had 4000 Q`s as target, half-way it looked like we could
make 5000 Q`s but condx took a dive and we lost 40/80/160 vertical in the
storm. That left us with a vertical dipol on 40 and a loop on 80. As if that
was not enough heavy winds turned the antenna in such a way that the coax for
the yagis blocked the rotor. We could only rotate 120 degrees last 12 hours.
Will improve the station before next CQWW and make that 5000 Q`s.
Lost one operator after 12 hours, leaving me and LA6YEA, Paul to operate the
rest of the contest alone. Biggest thrill was working T32 on 40 meter for a new
one. Biggest frustration: hearing 9G5AA 589 on 160 and not getting his
attention (noone did for the 10 minutes I called). I guess they had heavy QRN
down there.

Cu all next year.

73 de Tom, LA9GX

Club: LA Contest Club