[3830] GD4UOL CQWW1999 CW Low Power, Unassisted, All Band

Steve Muster steve at g4uol.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 5 08:17:48 EST 1999

                    CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: GD4UOL                Country:  Isle of Man
      Mode: CW                    Category: Single Operator,
                                            Low power, Unassisted

      160      155      157     1.01      4      28
       80       54       74     1.37      9      33
       40      271      433     1.60     11      54
       20      805     1462     1.82     21      67
       15      735     1245     1.69     23      65
       10      859     1781     2.07     18      60

     Totals   2879     5152     1.79     86     307  =>  2,024,736

Equipment Description: TS930s, Dipole and 5 band yagi at 45 ft.

Isle of Man qth, Near Peel, Isle of Man

Club Affiliation: CDXC

Comments: I entered this year's contest as a check log entry as the
dipole was practically useless on the lf bands after storm damage
(although HC8M was worked on 160m prior to the contest!) The new yagi
allowed me to hold a frequency throughout the contest. I called CQ all
the time with only the last hour searching and pouncing to get the score
past 2M. My aim was to have as many qso's as possible and to avoid last
year's comment, 'where were you'. Although I guess many missed me on the
lf bands, I achieved my objective and had fun with the pile ups.I also
got two good nights sleep :)

I finished this years Dxpedition with just over 10,000 cw qso's. Thanks
to everyone who worked me. Full details of the trip with an updated log
search will appear within a week or two on my home page.
http://www.g4uol.demon.co.uk

               MAILING ADDRESS:
               Steven Muster  GD4UOL
               60 Genesta Road
               Westcliff-on-sea, Essex,  SS0 8DB

--
73 Steve Muster  g4uol/gd4uol

Welcome to the Home Page of GD4UOL http://www.g4uol.demon.co.uk
Please visit my new web site and let me know how to improve it !

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com