[3830] 1999 ARRL 160m K0XQ SO LP

Sean Warner K0XQ k0xq at amsat.org
Sun Dec 5 17:47:19 EST 1999

ARRL 160 SUMMARY SHEET K0XQ

Contest Dates : 03-Dec-99, 04-Dec-99, 05-Dec-99
OP Time: 7 hours 32 minutes

Callsign Used : K0XQ
Operator : K0XQ

Category : SO LP

Default Exchange : 5NN MN

Radio: FT-1000D
Antenna: Carolina Windom 160 @ 30'
Logger: TR-LOG v6.46

Name : Sean Warner
Address : 3385 178th Avenue NW
City/State/Zip : Andover, MN 55304
Country : United States

Team/Club : Minnesota Wireless Assn

160CW    244                   244             488      57

Totals       244                   244             488      57

Final Score = 27816 points.

SOAPBOX: First foray into 160m contesting, or for that matter, 160m
operating. 90% S&P, as you might imagine. Didn't think I'd be able to do
hardly anything in this contest, owing to no amp for 160m & a less than
optimal antenna situation (as my friend & mentor K0SR adroitly put it,
"Windom 160 at 30 feet!! Hell, that's like having a 20m dipole at 4 feet!"
Gee, thanks for reminding me, Steve :-)). Set a goal of 200 Q's & working
the lower 48 for WAS 160; missed ND (passed me twice on Friday nite) & NV;
never heard KH7 or KL7 either.

I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations established
for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct and true to the best
of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards
Committee.

Date 05 Dec 99  Signed Sean M. Warner  Call K0XQ

Sean Warner
webmaster at rossiya.net
Andover, MN USA
Amateur Radio Station K0XQ
http://www.rossiya.net
Krenkel Central Radio Club of the Russian Federation (US Mirror)
CQ-M International DX Contest
Minnesota QSO Party
Russian Radio on the Internet

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com