[3830] CQWW CW E4/S53R SOAB HP

s53r at hotmail.com s53r at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 5 04:31:34 EST 1999

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: E4/S53R
Operator(s): S53R
Station:

Class: SOAB HP
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    160     10     52
   80:    446     15     66
   40:   1057     27     91
   20:   1421     34    103
   15:    555     31     89
   10:   1382     34     94
-------------------------------
Total:   5001    151    495  =  9,108,600

Comments:

Equipment Description:
IC-765, IC-746, COMMANDER HF-2500
FORCE 12 C4/E, dipoles 80/160

Everything started just fine. At 24 hours I was a bit ahead of last
year's record. Well, Sunday morning Murphy comes around. Looks like
a truck full of workers and a heavy-duty lift. They changed the
power line transformer feeding the whole quart. The power's gone for
more than 7 hours. Fortunately enough my host, Peter, G3WQU, had
his station ready for such emergencies. IC-746 was hooked to the
battery, so I was still able to run 50W into antenna fixed north, no
computer, no memory keyer and no filters (Timewave DSP off).
Anyway, I sincerely think that last year's record which Ivo, C4A, had
set, is a real masterpice and could not be crushed, even having
full-power all the time.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com