[3830] ARRL 160 KQ6ES SO High Power

electricshock at worldnet.att.net electricshock at worldnet.att.net
Mon Dec 6 02:40:38 EST 1999

                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KQ6ES
Operator(s): KQ6ES
Station: KQ6ES

Class: SO High Power
Operating Time (hrs): 11

Section: LAX

Totals:
   175 QSOs x ( 38 Sections +   1 Countries) =  13,884

Comments:

FT-1000MP
Butternut HF9V-x
FL-7000 at 400 watts

My Saturday night nap turned into 7 hours.  I don't know if conditions improved
while I slept but they were the worse I've heard in the 4 years I've worked the
contest.  I had ONE east coast contact, W4MYA, and never even heard any other
1, 2, 3 or 4 stations except for W3GH and W1ZM.  I could just hear a couple of
JA's early Saturday morning but no chance for a contact.  Having the amp
allowed me to run some for locals and made it much more enjoyable.
This string of operating thru the night on contest weekends is a killer for me
but I hope to see you in the Stew Perry, with or without the amp.
73 de John
kq6es

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com