[3830] ARRL 10: K7UAZ SO CW LP (op N4OGW)

Torsten Clay tclay at physics.arizona.edu
Sun Dec 12 22:09:59 EST 1999

K7UAZ University of Arizona club station, Tucson, AZ

operator: N4OGW

CWQSO	Section	    ITU reg	DX	Score
1323	59	    1		59 -->  631,652

time operated: ~25 hrs
antenna: 5 el yagi at 75ft
power: 100W

Missed ND for WAS. But excellent conditions overall, had a fun time. I was
told by other club members that there were problems with the 10m antenna
(the SWR was ~2.5:1 flat across the whole band). No way for me to take a
look at it up close (don't have roof keys). But it still seemed to work
ok, and better than anything I could do indoors in my apartment :)

I'm looking for an AZ  station (preferably near Tucson) to operate cw NAQP
from, as the club station doesn't have usable antennas for 160-40. Any AZ
contesters reading this?

Tor
N4OGW/7

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com