[3830] ARRL 10 W4AN SO CW HP

srobbins at usit.net srobbins at usit.net
Mon Dec 13 12:44:32 EST 1999

                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W4AN
Operator(s): W4PA
Station: W4AN

Class: SO CW HP

   CW:   2314    152
  SSB:
----------------------
Total:   2314    152  =  1,406,912

Comments:

Great to see 10 meters so alive for this contest.  Thanks to Bill, W4AN for the
loan of his station for this one.   I had several 100+ hours on Saturday
morning and even squeezed a couple out on Sunday AM as well.  The moment of big
excitement was at 2105Z on Sunday when the electricity went off….for about two
seconds.  Computer re-booted, rig came back up on same run freq, and then began
the longest three minutes in ham radio as I waited for the amp to reset.  I
just cranked the rig power up to 100W and CQed with the paddle until the
computer and amp were ready to roll….

Gonna be a close one…log checkers sharpen those pencils (keyboards?)

Scott Robbins, W4PA

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com