[3830] ARRL 10 QRZ SO LP SSB

ny4t ny4t at home.com
Mon Dec 13 12:21:23 EST 1999

No, my call isn't really QRZ but that's how I heard a lot of "top ops"
identifying themself this past weekend.  Come on guys, is it really that
much harder to say your call after every contact instead of QRZ.  If you
had to work a few contests strictly search and pounce, I bet you would
clean up your act.  I figure this QRZ without ID probably cost me 100
Q's or more.  Perhaps we should start posting a list of offenders in a
prominent place.  Here in the US you are REQUIRED to ID after each Q.
So, if you are one of the QRZ'ers you are not only arrogant, you are
illegal.  As for me, I will continue to call any station who says QRZ
more than once without identifying.  If you dupe me, it's YOUR FAULT.

Ok, I got that out of my system.  Other than the QRZ phenomena, it was a
great test. I beat last year's score by 70K points and 220 or so Q's.

Rig: Kenwood TS450SAT
Ant: Antron99 @ 30', 260' wire loop @ 25-40'
DVK: MFJ 432
Time Operated: ~30 hours

    Callsign Used : NY4T
         Operator : NY4T

         Category : SO LP Phone Only

 Default Exchange : RS TN

    Team/Club : Tennessee Contest Group

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   10SSB     792         792       1584      59        67

 Totals      792         792       1584      59        67

73,
Lee Hall (NY4T)
http://members.home.net/ny4t

    Final Score = 199584 points.