[3830] W4ZW 10Meter SOHP/Mixed P/T Results

W4ZW at home.com w4zw at home.com
Tue Dec 14 23:47:00 EST 1999

     W4ZW ARRL 10 SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 11-Dec-99, 12-Dec-99

    Callsign Used : W4ZW
         Operator : W4ZW

	Category :  SOHP/Mixed
	Hours Operated:  11:45
 Default Exchange : 59(9) FL

             Name : Jon Hamlet

        Team/Club : Florida Contesters

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   10CW      382         376       1504      53        35
   10SSB     206         203        406      42        20

 Totals      588         579       1910      95        55

    Final Score = 286,500 points.

SOAPBOX.
Christmas Dinners, kids' rehearsals, etc. etc. 1/2 hour here, an hour there.
Almost midnight Friday before I could get started and worked most of the FCG
gang on ground wave, K4OJ, AD4TR, AJ4Y, WD4AHZ, WC4E.  Got most the rest at
one time or another.  Several Q's mobile on the way to things.  Conditions
Saturday AM here were simply spectacular!  Europeans were 40+ over S9!  Had
to turn the Attenuator on full and had to leave for my son's basketball game
with the CW rate meter hovering at 150.  Of my 11 hours, many of them are
after midnight local.  Who would believe a Q rate of 50+ after midnight
local on 10 meters!  The Gulf of Mexico works as a great ground wave into
Texas and Louisiana!  Periods of really weird conditions on 10.  Sometimes
the band just seemed to drop out and take a rest for 10-15 minutes and then
back in full.  Called Ron, WD4AHZ, to tell him  that his signal was going
south late Saturday night with significant ripple, and discovered that
backscatter had most of the FCG gang sounding like buzz saws.  My only
regret is that by the time my kids are away at College and I will have some
time to really do this one, we'll be back in the doldrums of the next
sunspot cycle.

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW
Casey Key Island, FL

"A little bit of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"

One of the W1AW/4 Crew - IARU/WRTC-2000

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com