[3830] ARRL 10 WI9WI SO CW QRP

jhfitzpa at facstaff.wisc.edu jhfitzpa at facstaff.wisc.edu
Sun Dec 19 07:51:09 EST 1999

                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: SO CW QRP

   CW:     62     35
  SSB:
----------------------
Total:     62     35  =  8,680

Comments:

Iwas first licensed in 1958 as K(N)3EXV. Opreated from my home in Hellertown,
Pa until I went away to college and then the army - put away the radios for
about 10 years in 1962. I went out to see my Dad who is 91 and living in a
local nursing home this past weekend. I thought I'd try a mini-dxpedition :>).
The rig was an Index Labs QRP-plus, the antenna a modified texas bugcatcher
with about 10 radials clamped to a table in the back yard. The whole mess with
coax and a computer fit into a small athletic carryon bag. Worked 14 states and
21 countries, all S/P of course. These were the first QSOs made from my first
QTH in 37 years. Quite fun all told. A few were confused by my PA QTH. Thanks
to all who had the good ears to hear me.

73

Jim WI9WI

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com