[3830] Stew Perry NB1B Single Op

nb1b at aol.com nb1b at aol.com
Sun Dec 19 10:12:56 EST 1999

                     Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: NB1B
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: Single Op
Power: HP
Operating Time (hrs): 12

Grid Square: FN41

QSOs: 290  Score: 1398

Comments:

Activity seemed to be down this year- or was it conditions?  East-west
propagation, especially to Europe, seemd to be way down.  Last year, as a LP
station, I worked 45 Eu- this year, as a HP station, only 38 made the log, and
I spent more time CQing than S & P.  Noise level here was a constant S5, my
apologies to those that called that I couldn't hear.

Highlight of the contest for me was working ZS6EZ, closely followed by ZS4TX,
until I worked VK6VZ for my last QSO and best DX from here.

After reviewing the scores for the last several years, it appears that the way
to "win" this contest is to operate QRP and work lots of US stations.  The x4
multiplier more than makes up for the DX that you won't work.  Last year was
LP, this year HP, next year ??

To everyone- thanks for the Qs!

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com