[3830] Stew Perry KQ6ES Single Op

electricshock at worldnet.att.net electricshock at worldnet.att.net
Sun Dec 19 10:34:14 EST 1999

                     Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: KQ6ES
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: Single Op
Power: LP
Operating Time (hrs): 8

Grid Square: DM13

QSOs: 82  Score: 474

Comments:

FT1000MP
Butternut HF9V-x
90 watts

I had planned on high power but because at the last minute I sponsored a low
power dummy load antenna plaque I thought I should follow my own lead.
Interesting cycles of QSB Friday night with signals swinging up and down in
strength slowly and dramatically but in a predictable fashion over a band with
no noise showing up on the meter.  I worked only a handfull of non-western
states at most.  Several JA's were heard and I did manage to work one, which
along with a late KL7Y and KH7R made me feel better about losing sleep yet
again.

Thanks to all,
Happy Holidays
73 de John kq6es