[3830] StewPerryScore K4IQ SOLP

John B. Mitchell jbmitch at vt.edu
Sun Dec 19 17:58:34 EST 1999

K4IQ		EM97		90 W.

Hours: 08:12

223 QSOs for 1038 pts.

Equipment:

FT-1000MP, Inv Vee @ 95 ft. 3-600ft bev. NE, NW, SW

Comments:

No EU heard here, altho' tho't people were working them around 1833
below my esp level.  Worked KV4FZ in the big pileup, and several west
coasties, but no real dx.  Went to bed without hearing KL7 or KH6.  Lots
of activity in close for about an hour, then no rate, which is not
surprising since there wasn't great propagation to the west.  Also noted
much QSB around midnight local, which made it tough to get a full
exchange across.  Heard a number of west coast who could not hear me.
Thanks to K7RAT, W7RM, and a few others who struggled patiently to hear
my dipole.  Promise to have a vertical system next year. 73 and season's
greetings to all the top banders.
John K4IQ

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com