[3830] W0RSP QRP in the 160WW DX

Ade Weiss W0RSP aweiss at usd.edu
Sat Feb 6 23:56:14 EST 1999

Managed 194 QSOs in 43 states, 4 provinces, plus KH6 and KL7 using QRP

Rig: Sierra modified to 4.5 watts r.f. output.

Ant:  40m Zepp up 45ft with 6 66ft radial sprayed to south, east & west.

I know it sounds like I shouldn't have worked much.

I really want to complement a lot of the 160m ops for their diligence in
copying weak signals. Top honors go to K4LTA who spent a precious
5 (five) minutes extracting my exchange from the noise. With guys
like him around, QRP will last forever! And many others spent effort
and time copying me, especially on Fri. nite with the QRN situation.

Thanks to all for a very exciting time! It was my first 160m contest in
more than a quarter century and WOW did it ever exceed expectations!

73, Ade W0RSP

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com