[3830] WL7KY HP SSB SPRINT

Frank Hurlbut kl7fh at customcpu.com
Mon Feb 8 15:47:03 EST 1999

North American Sprint

CALL USED___WL7KY____________ STATE or PROVINCE or COUNTRY_AK___
MODE __PHONE__ NAME   Chris
CALL OF OPERATOR IF DIFFERENT FROM CALL
USED____________________________________

                 9    80m QSOs
                55    40m QSOs
                95    20m QSOs
              159 QSO points
x            34 Multipliers
=            5406 Claimed score

This was my first sprint, and it was great!  The first hour was fast, and
got the adrenaline going!  I ran 20 as long as I could, because I knew 80
was going to be really poor later on.  I left 20m around 0200z to find 40m
hopping!   I worked everyone I heard though, it wasn't open very far.  This
band was packed at first, then I think most people went to 80m before it
was open up here.  80m was pretty bad, my dipole has been intermittent for
the last few weeks, I need to fix it before CW.  As soon as I got to where
people heard me, and was making qso's, it broke.  So I reluctantly went
back to 40, and really didn't do that bad.  I worked a lot of 1, 2, and 3
qso'ers.  Most of them got a kick out of working Alaska.  Anyway, had a
great time, and thanks for all the qso's.  Remember, I will be up here on
Saturday, try and turn this way when you hear a weak 7K or something, it
might be me!  Let's hope the bands are open to the east coast too, I only
worked 3 W1/2/3, pretty sad condx.  Ended up working a lot of guys from the
#CQDX channel on IRC too, I invite everyone to check it out, real time
spots from OH2AQ DXSummit also.
-Chris  WL7KY

Rig:  Kenwood TS-570DG (hand mic, sore thumb)
Antennas:  TH7DXX at 50 feet, 3 elem wire beam on 40m pointed at stateside
Amp:  Heathkit HA-10 Warrior

"I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
for Amateur Radio in my country. My report is correct and true
to the best of my knowledge."

Date ______________ Signature____________________________________________
Call ______________

MULTIPLIER LIST
W/VE:
AR   CA   IL   CO   MA   FL   AZ   OH   IN   PA   GA   MS   ID   WV   WI
KS   NH   NM   MT   MN   NC   TX   MO   SK   SC   OK   OR   AB   TN   UT
BC   WA   SD   WY

DX:

Chris Hurlbut, WL7KY
2003 Roosevelt Dr.