[3830] N6EE WPX RTTY 99 SOSB10MHP

Ron Ron
Thu Feb 18 06:00:44 EST 1999

1999      World-Wide RTTY WPX Contest

CALL:           N6EE
LOCATION: California - San Joaquin Valley Section
CLASS:       x   Single Operator
                     x   High Power
                     x   Single Band:  10M            .

Band  Qs  Pts    Prefixes
10m:  260 445  164

Totals: 260 445 164  = 72980   16 hours operating time

Station Description:
TS850S + Heathkit SB220 @ 300 W (or less)
WriteLog with Soundblaster card (no other TU)

Antenna(s):
Cushcraft A3S at 45 feet

Operators:
Ron N6EE

Remarks (Biggest thrill in contest, funniest story, comments, etc.):
My first WPX RTTY contest and second RTTY contest (ARRL RR in Jan. my
first).
Exciting to work South Shetland, Brunei, New Caledonia and Solomon Is.(H4).
Disappointing the band never opened to Europe or Africa and was very poor to
U.S.
Conditions were poor to fair and activity on 10M was VERY light.
No question I made a mistake -I should have picked 20M to single band
instead of 10M -
  unlike RR which was a BLAST! (I operated all band), this one (because I
limited myself to 10M),
  was slow going and consequently not a whole lot of fun.

Club Competition:
Northern California Contest Club

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com