[3830] K7BG Ardx CW SOU-AB HP

Matt--K7BG aa7bg at 3rivers.net
Thu Feb 25 16:14:12 EST 1999

Cut and paste:	K7BG             HP 1341      299  1,202,877

Band	QSO		Mults
------	------		-------
160	 16		12	1/2 sloper
  80	 36		22	slopers
  40	204		57	402 at 29m
  20	378		70	205 at 24m/TH3 at 9m
  15	399		68	15-3 at 19m/TH3/1015DB at 25m
  10	308		70	105CA at 14m/TH3/1015DB

	1341		299 = 1,202,877 	33 hours op time

TS940 + Alpha 374A

Missed first 4 and 1/2 hours of contest to celebrate me Dad's 79th
birthday. Stayed up most of Fri night not getting much going.  Made some
hay on Saturday but went to bed Saturday night and was awakened after a 6
hour "nap" to my wife hollering at me ".....you're missing some good
openings--get up you lazy loafer." No kidding! Now there's a gem.  Great
high band conditions. The low bands wear me out. Yea, I know, poor baby,
well don't give me any static, I get enough of that on the low bands.

I worked a lot more Europe than I did Asia, which is probably a first for
me. I never really got any sustained GREAT runs going, but had a blast and
I was really bummed when it was over as I was just getting in the groove.

High points:

-Stumbling across the mammoth pile on 5H3US on 10m when he was s2 and
locking it in memory and coming back to work him in 2 calls a half hour
later when he was s9.

-Beating my last years score with 8 hours less operating time.

-Running Europe on 40m Saturday night like I've never done before.

Low points:

-The low bands Friday night seemed like a one way skip situation. It was
tough to get heard.

-Making over 200 LESS Q's than I did last year.

-Getting thumped again by that guy(s) in Oregon. Just wait til next year!

73, Matt--K7BG

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com