[3830] AD1C CQWW WPX Contest SOABLP

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Thu Feb 25 21:46:17 EST 1999

1999      World-Wide RTTY WPX Contest

CALL: AD1C                            LOCATION:  Chelmsford, MA
CLASS:          Single Operator
             Low Power (100W or less)
             All bands      .

Band    QSOs    QSO points      Prefixes
160m:
80m:      13    28        10
40m:      42    160       35
20m:      51    101       32
15m:      94    230       61
10m:      56    137       30
Totals:  256    656      168    110208  Total:

Total Operating Time:  About 15 hours on-and-off

Station Description: ICOM 756 100W, WriteLog 9.22, Pentium 166 with
Soundblaster (AFSK)

Antennas: G5RV 35' (10M) high, Cushcraft R7 Vertical about 10' (3M) high.

Remarks (Biggest thrill in contest, funniest story, comments, etc.):

My first time EVER on RTTY.  I got cabled up a couple days before the
contest but couldn't find any stations to test my setup with.  Every time I
saw my callsign on the screen, it was a real thrill.  I could not believe
how well the program copied even with wide (SSB) filters.  I did not run at
all, just S/P.  WS7I was only station I worked on 5 bands.  I worked 43
countries total, a good start towards DXCC.  Looking forward to the BARTG
contest in a few weeks.  FSK for sure.

Club Competition: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

This is to certify that in this contest I have operated my transmitter
within the limitations of my license and hae observed fully the rules and
regulations of the contest.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>      http://jjr.ne.mediaone.net/

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com