[3830] LY5W UBA CW SCORE

Saulius Zalnerauskas LY1DR at kaunas.aiva.lt
Sun Feb 28 14:14:15 EST 1999

             UBA SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 27-Feb-99, 28-Feb-99

    Callsign Used : LY5W
         Operator : LY1DR

         Category : SINGLE OP SINGLE BAND (80)

 Default Exchange : 599###

             Name : SAULIUS ZALNERAUSKAS
          Address : BOX 922
   City/State/Zip : KAUNAS 3005
          Country : LITHUANIA

        Team/Club : LITHUANIAN DX GROUP

   80CW      325         320        805      27

 Totals      325         320        805      27

    Final Score = 21735 points.

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

 I can't arrive to contest my QTH (where is big power and better antenna's),
 so decided to play this game from home with wire antenna's. After first two
 hours on high bands I draw a conclusion that this game is not for me - 90 QSO
 in 120 minutes then others made 150-170! So quickly finished LY1DR log for
 high bands. Last year on 80 meters LY4CW was first with some 316 QSO's and
 23 multipliers. OK I have here Dipole between two big buildings: 12 stores
 and 9 stores - it is about 30 mH on 80 meters and some 300 watts out put
 on my small amplifier. Tryied to call CQ UBA and played all the night.
 320 QSO is not too bad. Good activity of Belgian stations made contest
 enjoyable. But where were all other EU Community countries? 67 EEC + 39 ON
 QSO - You say it is European Community Contest? And only G5LP and IK2HKT
 fighted for European Trophy between each other. Why the Contest Committee
 can't find donor for another Trophy for other stations?

 I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations established
 for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct and true to the best
 of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards Committee.