[3830] RAC Winter contest

Andy McLellan ve9dx@brunnet.net
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 13:03:11 -0400

     VE9RAC Multi/Multi but a true Multi Single operation

      CANADA DAY CONTEST -- 1998

      Call: VE9RAC                   Country:  Canada
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Multi Multi

      BAND   CW QSO  CW QSO PTS   SSB QSO  SSB QSO PTS

      160        8      32             2      20
       80       35     258           116    1014
       40      144     616           106     736
       20      234    1030           278    2388
       15      106     364            95     548
       10       51     246           130     454
        6        0       0             0       0
        2        1      10             1      10

               579            +       728     =    1307 Total QSO

Score:
(2556 CW QSO PTS + 5170 SSB QSO PTS) X (43 CW MULTS + 43 SSB MULTS) = 664,436

Used CT during the contest.  Worked quite well considering the fact that
this was a bata version (CT 9.38) and still some fine tuning was
required. Condx were not real good on the lower bands and I do apologize
to all that called that we did not work...  We were blessed with a 20
over 9 line noise through out the whole contest and our score reflects it.
Most interesting QSO turns out to be  with Gerry, VE1RM/VE4 on 20 CW.  He
was operating from is hotel room in Winnipeg, using a piece of wire for
an antenna and rubbing two pieces of wire together to key.  On behalf of
the group, I would like to say thanks to Bill (VE1WG) for the use of the
call this year and thanks to all that worked us.

Operators: VE1ASJ,VE9DSO, VE9DX, VE9JW, VE9MY and VE9WH.

Regards, Happy New Year  73 Andy (VE9DX)

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/4073/album.html

ICQ: 769087