[3830] KF0FN ARRL RTTY MULTI-SINGLE HP

KF0FN@aol.com KF0FN@aol.com
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 01:00:46 EST

ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call used: KF0FN
Location:  SD

Entry Class: Multi Op, All Band Single Transmitter
Ops: KF0FN, WD0T, KB0SBC

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX
80       123   122    41     0
40       126   126    39     8
20       226   225    42    14
15       291   288    44    28
10        59    59    24     6
--------------------------------------
Total    825   820    55*   40*
--------------------------------------
* - Counted only once (not once per band)
--------------------------------------

--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 77900

Software: RTTY by WF1B  v4.2

Power Output: 500

Equipment list.
Kenwood TS850
Th6DX@50'
40 Mtr Half Slopers
80 Mtr Dipole @ 50'
485' Receiving wire @ 10'
Hustler HF5 vertical also for receive antenna

This time we put together a first class operation. Full knowing that from
SD we would have a hard time even placing in the contest without a huge
antenna system, we stocked up on Bugles (corn snacks), pop, donuts, and chex
mix.
If we didnt set the world record for calories/qso, we had to come really
close.
As usual, Europe was almost non existant except for a short opening on sunday
morning.
Most of the contacts were stateside and we found that since SD was somewhat in
demand,
stateside pileups would show up every time we began running DX and the bands
were not
good enough for DX to compete with stateside stations.
Most of you RTTY ops should be proud of your stations. We heard some huge
signals
this year.!!!!

Club Participation:

"I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
established for amateur radio in my country. My report is correct
and true to the best of my knowledge. I agree to be bound by the
decisions of the Awards Committee."

JIM ZAHRADNICEK

20310 REDWOOD PL

PIERRE SD 57501