[3830] KR6NA SO/LP

Joe Carvalho joe.carvalho@mci.com
Mon, 04 Jan 1999 09:17:40 -0700

My first R/RUP and I enjoyed the heck out of it, thanks to all. Living in
the quaint hamlet of Pine, buried several thousand feet in a valley, gives
you lots of time to call CQ and pray propagation is at the right angle to
make it into the rf hole I call home. I did hear a few Europeans, but the
Great Wall of EastCoast was tough to break. I found the easiest way to
break the mountainous pileups was to wait until everyone else had worked
them.

Nothing broke due to not having any moving parts on the antennas. Radio
stayed cool because it was 38F in the shack. RTTY(WF1B) ran very well, as
did RITTY(K6STI). The software was running in a DOS window under W98. There
were a few moments when the keyboard/queue would lockup, but it cleared
without a reboot.

Thanks to all who heard me.

73 from the Little Shack on The Tundra,

Joe KR6NA

ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call used: KR6NA
Location:  CO

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band

Band	QSOs 	Pts	QTH	DX
80	5	5	5	0
40	62	62	25	4
20	168	168	42	4
15	182	182	40	6
10	11	11	8	1
--------------------------------------
Total	428	428	49*	10*
* - Counted only once (not once per band)

Claimed Score: 25252

Hardware: TS-940
Antenna's: Loop(20,15,10) GAP Titan(80,40)
Software: WF1B & RITTY
Power Output: 50