[3830] K0BX RTTY Roundup MOABHP Score

Joseph J. Duerbusch jduerbus@marz.com
Tue, 05 Jan 1999 02:28:27 +0000

Big snow storm, antenna's iced up.  I had to dig the 18 inches of snow
away from the vertical only to brake the ground wire. Fixed it, started
out in Single operator,low power, as I have done for the all the Rtty
Roundup's.  I have been in everyone.
But when I went to 80 meters Saturday night, the noise was so bad that
no one could hear me.  So I finally turned on the amp.  Really didn't do
much good, only 17 qso's. Now I am in SOHP.  Sunday morning was much
better, 15 meters was wide open to Europe.
Lot's of multipliers.  Decided to run about 300 watts (Neighbors TVI -
don't want to get 'Fran' on the warpath) seems to help.
Then decided that I would use the TelNet Cluster feature on the
software, maybe could increase my multiplier's.  Oops, now I am in
Multioperator, HighPower (MOHP).  Long way from SOLP.

Here is my score.

1999 ARRL Rtty Roundup 18 hours operating
Call used K0BX
Location: St. Louis MO
Entry Class  MOABHP (300 Watts)
Band  QSOs  State Prov DX
80      17     0     0  0
40     131     9     0  1
20     232    20     3  6
15     124    13     2 27
10      44     5     2 13
Total  548    47     7 47 = 101

Score 55348  548 X 101 = 55348

Equipment : Kenwood TS-850S/AT Drake L-7
4 Element 20 meter Monobander
3 Element 10/15 Dualbander
10-80 Vertical

Software: Writelog

PS: I chased AH8LG all over the band, I think
he was S&P as I never Found him CQ'ing.