[3830] RTTY Roundup K9TM SO/LP

Tim Mitchell tim.k9tm@totalink.net
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 19:33:41 -0500

K9TM Single Operator, Low Power

First the Score:
1121 Qso's
 105 Mults (48 states + 10 Canada + 47 DX Countries) (Missed NT VE8,YT VY1)
----------
117,705   Points

22 Hours of operation

Station:
10/15/20   KT34XA Stack 32' & 68'
40         Cushcraft 40-2CD 75'
80         Inverted V 60'
Radios:    FT1000D and IC756
S/W:       NA10.35 & RITTY

Next:
Thanks to mother nature, I had to take 2 hours off Sunday to tunnel a path
thru the snow to get my car out for Monday morning.  This resulted in a loss
of around
80 QSO's at the rate I was going before and after that time off.  This is
because
I had already taken my two, three hour off times.  Couldn't find any kids in
the
neighborhood who wanted to make a buck!

The big experiment that failed miserably!  With the week off before the
contest I spent
a lot of time switching the station over to run Writelog & WinRTTY.  After
numerous
problems and not being satisfied with the receive performance offered by
WinRTTY
not to mention Win95 problems, etc...

I bailed out and went back to good old NA and RITTY.  Boy am I glad that I
did.
NA worked flawlessly and so did RITTY !!!

Anyway, all that aside... it was fun.  I was pleasantly surprised at
the amount of activity and pleased that the station performed well again.

73 Tim K9TM