[3830] W0SD RTTY ROUNDUP M/S HP

Ed Gray W0SD w0sd@rapidnet.com
Tue, 05 Jan 1999 17:01:02 -0600

1999 ARRL RTTY ROUNDUP
CALL USED:W0SD
LOCATION: SD

1341Q'S X 58 STATES/PROVINCES + 59 DX = 156,897

OPERATED 24 HOURS.

OPERATORS:W0SD, N0ABE, WB0YQT, ACOM, W7XU

80 132
40 323
20 470
15 387
10  39

Antenna's:
10 meters 5 over 5 at 110' and 60'
15 meters 5 over 3 at 120' and 60'
20 meters 4 over 4 at 140' and 55'
40 meters 3 el. on 40 foot boom at 70'
          2 el. quad at 90' fixed east
          dipole at 80'
80 meters dipole at 180' and 90'
          1/4 wave vertical with 120 radials
          3 beverages
TH-11
TS-950SDX, PK-232MBX
Software by WF1B v4.2
Power Output: 1500

We have a great group, my hat is off to them.  When we started our goal was
to be in the top 10 for 3 years in a row and win it at least once.  Made
the top 10 the past two years so we will see what this year brings.
Conditions for DX seemed somewhat flat on 10 meters given the flux numbers.
 Nothing like the 10 meter contest when we had much lower flux numbers.
Opening to EU on 10 was early and SHORT indicating propagation problems!!!
The activity USA and Canada was great.  Thanks to everyone for getting
on!!!  Thanks for working us.

We worked 1036 USA, 92 VE and 221 DX.

73, Ed-W0SD

Ed Gray