[3830] W4AN NAQP CW M/2

Bill Fisher, W4AN w4an@contesting.com
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 10:17:06 -0500

Ops:  K4BAI & W4AN

     band      QSOs      points    mults
     -----------------------------------
     160        142         142      41
      80        292         292      53
      40        343         343      55
      20        322         322      55
      15        167         167      54
      10        140         140      47
     -----------------------------------
     TOTAL     1406        1406     305      SCORE: 428,830

Congrats to N5TJ and K7UP.

Lots-o-fun.  John and I had a great time.

Cool thing about this contest is that conditions and time of year change
everything.  Kind of spreads out the wealth so to speak.  This is sure a
great contest.  The guys ignoring it are really missing out.

Lots of DX worked including JT1 on 20 meters and 3 or 4 Europeans QSO's on
160 meters (they answered our 150w CQ's).  Could only count one of them
because we couldn't get their names.

We used final finals to acheive 150 watts.  I read the NAQP article in the
NCJ just before the contest started (John brought his NCJ which I hadn't
received yet).  Regardless of what a page of text might say, 150w is the
rule for this contest.  John and I both agreed there was no reason to give
up 50w with two capable amplifiers hooked up, and peak reading watt meters.
 Kind of pain... but so be it.  I'll hook up my amps for this contest from
now on.  I just dont see the problem in making it a 100w limit.  Bottom
line:  Everyone can turn the wick down.  Not everyone can turn it up.

73

Bill

Bill Fisher, W4AN (EX KM9P)
http://www.contesting.com