[3830] N9FH NAQP CW SO

Fred J. Helmstetter fjh@uwm.edu
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 11:17:04 +0000

                              NA QSO SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 09-Jan-99, 10-Jan-99

    Callsign Used : N9FH
         Operator : N9FH

         Category : SO

 Default Exchange : FRED WI

             Name : Fred J. Helmstetter
          Address : 7203 W. Pioneer Rd.
   City/State/Zip : Mequon, WI 53097

          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Society of Midwest Contesters

  160CW       52          52         52      26   1/4w sloper
   80CW      206         206        206      46   2 x 1/4w sloper (E/W)
   40CW      144         144        144      43   Pro-67B @ 70ft
   20CW      163         163        163      43    "
   15CW       72          72         72      27    "
   10CW       47          47         47      18    "

 Totals      684         684        684     203

    Final Score = 138852 points.

Hardware: FT-1000MP (100W), Pentium PC + TR 6.35

Great contest.  No shortage of Cheeseheads this time around - was only asked
to QSY for the mult once or twice.  Swapping in a new motherboard fixed my
random CW lockups and bizzare speed changes.  Any errors this time were just
my sloppy fist!  Real nice to hit enter and have the computer start sending
without a 0.5 sec delay.  My major tactical error in the last NAQP I did was
neglecting 10 & 15 so I tried to concentrate on those bands but could't seem
to get much going. Would have been better to move down before I did.  Took my
2 hours during 40m prime time (family dinner etc) which may also have been an
error.  Tried to catch up on 80m after 01:00Z and had a couple of good hours
there.  Seemed like a whole lot of people are running two radios these days. As
soon as I learn to work the one I've got I may try that ;-)  Didn't try to
move any mults but probably should have.  Great to work so many SMCers!

 I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations established
 for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct and true to the best
 of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards Committee.

73 DE N9FH  (ex KF9ZI, WB2WDW)
n9fh@qsl.net
http://ns1.qsl.net/n9fh/