[3830] N6EE NAQP 99 CW SOABLP

Ron Lodewyck ronl@toto.csustan.edu
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 15:13:17 -0800 (PST)

1999 NCJ North American QSO Party

CALL USED___N6EE  MODE _CW  ARRL SECTION or COUNTRY___SJV

               QSOs  multipliers
160             0       0
80             28      17
40             89      37
20             77      35
15             52      27
10             85      36
TOTAL         331     152

331 QSOs x 152 Mults =   50312     Claimed Score

9.5 hrs

Equipment:
TS850S
Pentium II 300Mhz + WriteLog Version 9.20
Cushcraft A3S + 40M driven element at 40 feet  +  80M Inverted V

Comments:
My first NAQP.  I didn't have any idea what to expect and my CW receiving
speed maxes out at about 20 WPM, so I set a goal of 300 Q's.  While I
achieved my goal, I really had to struggle to get there. Had to use S&P
mostly since the returns to my CQ's were often too fast for me to copy -
Hi.
I thought conditions were only fair and the level of activity was less
than I hoped for - especially on 10M where I get out fairly well.  I
guess I just need to hone my CW ability if I hope to be competitive with
all the truly impressive CW contest operators - my hat's off to all of
you!  I got a kick out of all the "handles" like "Gator", "Speed"
(very appropriate!), "Dink", etc.

73 & CU in the NAQP Phone,
Ron N6EE