[3830] NAQP

Mike Furrey mlfurrey@tenet.edu
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 17:10:26 -0600

W5UW Mike TX
Operator: WA5POK
Operating time: 10 hours (minus about 5 minutes to work ZL9CI w/ low
power)

Band	Qs	Mults
160	32	15	Inverted "L" up a 70' pine tree
80	98	35	Stuck a trap on the 160 inverted "L"
40	146	45	Vertical Square loop in two other 70' pine trees
20	151	47	Delta loop yanked up a sweetgum tree (only 30')
15	136	39	2 element quad at 30'
10	39	16	2 element quad at 30'
_____________________
Total	602  x	197  =	118,594

Once again I had tons of fun but skip on 10 seemed to be a bit long to
get much going stateside. Worked ZL9CI for #312 on CW on 10 during
contest time. I really wish I could talk my slum lord into a tree
modification so I could at least add 2 elements on 20 to the quad. The
elevated radials (two per band) on the 80/160 "L" look like a puzzle
piece around the yard. A new neighbor asked about it and I said, "I HATE
UFOs, those wires keep 'em away." He walked off mumbling something but I
caught the word "wacky."

If ya'll could, work K5KHS during the School Club Roundup next month, I
have a few budding contesters in the school club I sponsor. We will be
mostly around 14.255MHz the second week of February, 2100z to 0200z each
day.

73, Mike WA5POK