[3830] W4ZW NA SSB 98 SOAB

Jon, W4ZW w4zw@home.com
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 01:50:43 -0500

    NA QSO SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 16-Jan-99, 17-Jan-99

    Callsign Used : W4ZW
         Operator : W4ZW
         Category : SOAB

 Default Exchange : Jon FL

             Name : Jon Hamlet
    City/State/Zip : Casey Key Island, FL
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Florida Contest Group

   80SSB     183                 182        182        42    Wire Beam
(Bobtail)
   40SSB      44                    44         44         25     402CD cut
for CW
   20SSB     187                 186        186        45      A4S
   15SSB     187                 187        187        40      A4S
   10SSB      46                    46         46         15      A4S

 Totals         647                  645        645     167

    Final Score = 107,715 points.

SOAPBOX:  Suddenly found some time this weekend to do this one.
First SSB contest with TR and it's much easier for SSB.  No antenna for
40.  The 402CD SWR was terrible since I have it set for low CW.  Tried
seemed to work well on 80, I even felt loud there until the S9 noise level
started
toward the end of the contest.  All this saltwater sure helps on the antenna
front!
10M and 40M were both long, not much heard here.  Glad to hear all the FCG
guys on!  Wow, there were really a lot of LOUD TN stations!

Station:  FT1000MP, Bobtail for 80, 402CD for 40, A4S for 10/15/20, TRLog

 I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
established
 for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct and true to the best
 of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards
Committee.

 Jon Hamlet, W4ZW
Casey Key Island, Florida

"A little bit of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"