[3830] K7ZO NAQP SSB S/O

K7ZO k7zo@micron.net
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 09:08:14 -0700

                1999 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY

     Call used: K7ZO                            Location: ID

     Category: Single Op      Mode: SSB          Power: 100W

     Callsign of Operator: K7ZO

     Exchanged Information: K7ZO SCOTT ID

     Hours of Operation: 05:56

     band      QSOs      points    mults
     ===================================
     160          0           0       0
      80         33          33      11  HF2V
      40         72          72      26  Dipole @ 20’
      20         44          44      28  Wire LPDA @ 20’
      15        106         106      36  Wire LPDA @ 20’
      10        145         145      33  Ten-3 @ 15’
     ===================================
     TOTAL      400         400     134      SCORE: 53,600

     Comments: Just a part time effort worked in around
     a bunch of household chores. Still one of my favorite
     contests. Three of us had planned a M/2 effort at NK7U
     but the flu hit one of them so we decided to cancel the
     effort. We will be there next time!

     I still get a chuckle about how all the top contesters
     calls are converging. (Of course I am guilty of that as
     well.) At one point in the space of 4 Q’s I worked: N6RO,
     K4RO, and then K6RO.

     Good participation from the rarer eastern states and Canada.
     I worked several states and provinces in my short time on the
     air that I struggle with even in longer effort. There was a
     Wyoming station on 20M in late afternoon trying to run
     stations by call areas which seemed a bit of an overkill.
     Maybe he was planning for a quick trip to ZL9!

     Scott