[3830] K1VUT - NAQP SSB Score - Single Op

David Clemons dave@egh.com
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 20:44:17 -0500 (EST)

Band    QSOs    Mults
---------------------
160      52      22
 80      72      28
 40      96      35
 20     259      43
 15     139      39
 10      80      26
---------------------
Total   698     193     134,714 points

It's been awhile since I operated the SSB portion of
this contest.  I was pretty excited about Solar Flux of
143, but I surmise that the recent solar storm was still
affecting the bands.

At first it seemed like the contest was going to be a waste
of time at this qth.  Ten meters was hardly open, and 15 sounded
awful week.  (So bad that I kept checking to make sure I had chosen
the correct antenna!).  However, I kept hopping back and forth on
10 and 15, and was able to take advantage of a lot of short
openings to small geographic areas.  Unfortunately the conditions
were not stable enough to move many people to other bands,
although I did make quite a few attempts.  Thus I had 15 less
mults than on the CW weekend.

My greatest disppointment turned out to be 40 meters, but
that was offset by my best ever SSB experience on 160!

Thanks to all who made this another enjoyable contest!

73, Dave Clemons K1VUT