[3830] K0OU CQww 160 cw SO

Steve Lufcy km0l@tfs.net
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 11:38:08 -0600

                        CQ 160 METER CONTEST           1999

      Call: K0OU                     Country:  United States(MO)
      Mode: CW                      Category: Single Operator
                                                           High Power,
Unass't

               QSO   QSO PTS  STATES COUNTRIES

     Totals    351     785      53       6    =   46,315

Equipment Description: TS-940S, TL-922A (700 W)
                                   inv L (55' up 75' out)
                                   90mhz pentiom w/CT7

op time: 7 hrs
Club Affiliation: KANSAS CITY DX CLUB

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               STEVE LUFCY  K0OU
               11020 E 72ND TER
               RAYTOWN, MO 64133

soap: Intended to use 2nd radio and play part time- but the TS-430 went up
in smoke after 2 contacts, and then the lil' 286 laptop started not
recognizing VE as a valid prefix- so I went to the main rig and computer
and still stayed part time.
The band seemed to open pretty nicely Saturday evening - my best DX was
worked outside the window and by accident- after CQing for about 20 minutes
and getting some responses a station came on saying " K0OU QRL pse QSY"
and then he CQed "ZF2MO test" ! I had to call him twice to get him to work
me and then I gladly relinquished the frequency. Earlier I had heard a weak
CQ underneath my CQ freq and wondered who was QRMing me- but when his
signal came up it turned out to be SP7GIQ who was my only 10 pt QSO. Heard
some DL stations answering the east coasters but could not get them to
answer me. For me, breaking the pile-ups in the DX window is only a dream,
altho I did work a couple of carribeans , so I stayed mainly out of the
window and worked states. This is still fun and I did enjoy what time I
spent operating- lots of good activity- with CW sigs up to 1.870.

73 de K0OU Steve in KC