[3830] W3AO 7A Field Day Score: 26,226 points - PVRC

Frank Donovan W3LPL donovanf at erols.com
Sat Jul 3 12:36:00 EDT 1999

Sorry for the delay in posting this score, I had to catch
a plane for the left coast early on Monday morning and the
eight computers sat in my garage awaiting my return...

Band            QSOs
160 CW            7
160 SSB          12
  80 CW         320
  80 SSB         439
  40 CW        1141
  40 SSB        1120
  20 CW        1156
  20 SSB        1803
  15 CW          533
  15 SSB        1136
  10 CW            99
  10 SSB          300
  10 Novice    657
    6 CW            22
    6 SSB          331
    2 CW            12
    2 SSB            53
222 CW              4
222 SSB              3
432 CW              4
432 SSB              9

Total CW QSOs  3298
Total SSB QSOs  5864

TOTAL QSOs      9162

Final score:  26,226 points

PVRC's operation was from Tolchester Beach on the Upper Eastern
Shore of Maryland.  The QTH is a 35 foot bluff overlooking
ten miles of salt water, due west over the Chesapeake Bay.  The
line-of-sight is entirely over salt water for ten miles from an
azimuth of approximately 200 degrees thru 25 degrees.  Our
Field Day operation was spread out over approximately 700
feet, just back from the face of the bluff.

We used nine 50 foot AB-577 "rocket launcher" masts located just
30 feet from the edge of the bluff.

The 8 HF stations (including novice) consisted of five FT-1000MPs,
two FT-1000Ds, and one TS-950SD.

We used dipoles on 160, 80 and 40M,
a Cushcraft 402CD Yagis for 40 CW and another one on 40 SSB,
a 3 element monoband Yagi for 20 CW and another one for 20 SSB,
a 3 element monoband Yagi for 15 CW and another one for 15 SSB,
a 3 element monoband Yagi for 10 meters and another for the Novice,
a 5 element monoband Yagi for 6 meters,
and somewhat larger Yagis for 2M, 222 MHz and 432 MHz.

Who says Field Day is not a contest??

73!
Frank
W3LPL