[3830] '99 IARU SOAB HP SSB 8P6SH

Dean St. Hill vision2000 at sunbeach.net
Mon Jul 12 14:43:37 EDT 1999

IARU HF Championship -- 1999

      Call: 8P6SH                    Country:  Barbados
                                     Category: Single Operator
                                               Phone Only

     BAND      QSO   QSO-PTS   PTS/Q    ZONES  HQ STNS

      160        0        0     0.00      0      0
       80       61      163     2.67      8      6
       40       57      193     3.39     22     11
       20      377     1645     4.36     35     18
       15      623     2339     3.75     34     18
       10      711     2529     3.56     23     14

     Totals   1829     6869     3.76    122     67

                 Score: 1,298,241 points

Comments: Was it just me or were the bands in pretty bad shape
this weekend. The low bands were particularly bad and during
the daylight hours when I can usually run high rates, 10 metres
was dismal. Yes I made a few contacts there, but propagation to
and/or lack of activity from a large number of zones made it very
tough work.

I moved a number of very valuable multipliers from band to band
and my recent upgrade to full rig control from CT made a huge
difference there. The real test will be in the CQWW in a couple
months time.

My best hour was on 10 metres - 195 Q's from 1700z when the band
finally seemed to open from this part of the world. That hour
started a solid 4 hour run of over 600 Q's at an average rate of
160 Q's an hour.

The static finally got the better of me at about 0800z and I
think I fell asleep at the rig for what seems like two hours!!

Returned to the fray just in time to grab a few more mults on
10,15 & 20 before the contest came to an end.

All in all another enjoyable contest in which I managed to work
two brand new DXCC countries and added to the totals on 40, 20
and 15 mainly.

Thanks for another good (if not great) contest.

Dean St. Hill, 8P6SH/8P2K

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com