[3830] 9A7P IARU Score, teenage OP.

hrle at rkp.ice.hr hrle at rkp.ice.hr
Mon Jul 12 20:30:45 EDT 1999

                      IARU HF Championship -- 1999

      Call: 9A7P (@9A6NHH)           Country:  Croatia
                                     Category: Multi Single / Low Power

     BAND      QSO   QSO-PTS   PTS/Q    ZONES  HQ STNS

      160        0        0     0.00      0      0
       80      163      293     1.80      7     18
       40      222      546     2.46     17     22
       20      487     1715     3.52     28     23
       15      449     1513     3.37     31     23
       10       35       99     2.83      8      3

     Totals   1356     4166     3.07     91     89

                 Score: 749,880 points

Operator List (very long one): 1. 9A6NHH (16yrs) - Hrle

Using 10yrs old TS440S with 100 W (every little VFO probs and pwr got down to
50-80 W), 2el. QUAD was for 20,15&10m and simple Dipoles for 40&80m right
above the roof. That's all we can efford here. HI.

Club Affiliation: CT"Ko da vise para"
        english version> ContestTeam "Who give more money"  < HI

Remarks: Hi there folks, first I hope you'll excuse me with bad english
         (if you know what I mean)... so... this was 4th time I was taking
         a part in this famous IARU Contest... 1st time was at age 13..
         it was first time I did it all by myself... 21.9 hours of
         great work are behind me and I guess I can say what I mean
         about all this... anyway...few words of my looking on the bands..
         160m.. hmm.. sorry folks no stories here.. no ant... :(
         80m... was nice to got some small pile ups by DL stations...
                NU1AW was only NA copied and worked from here.. I must
                say very good OP copied my 100 W & dipole... :)
         40m... again much DLs and not so good condx to NA but worked
                quite nice number of them... top of my happines was
                when I got ZL2AZ answering my CQ... jeez.. I've been
                heard... YEAH... :)
         20m... as usuall good condx to NA... but heard no JA's??
         15m... hmmm in start of contest I had pile up by DL... and why
                not by NA due nice condx?... I'll never find answer
                on that one... Next day in the morning I have worked JA's...
         10m... story for itself.. worked few asian stations.. and couple
                of EU... nothing special I can say...
         Cluster.. (yeah.. been there also).. most of the contest I spoked
                with S56A there... hmm.. I was wondering where he gets all
                those mults?... years of expirience or kW or my bad work?
                ...or or or... it's kind a my fault like always..
         Lesson on the end... next time I should run more on mults to get
                some points... but I guess my teenage years are always
                saying.. no, you dont need that .. better run for more QSOs..
         Few boring words on the end... as I saw the scores of some NA stations
                I was very surprised with their I can say bad results..
                I saw those good NA stations working only 1500-1800 QSO with
                all those good ants and amps... and I tought I was last looser
                on this earth by doing only 1300 qsos... ahhh
                anyway.. it's all... I hope to get few reactions on this
                msg... and comments on my bad/very bad score.. HI..
                Feel free to write... e-mail: hrle at rkp.ice.hr
                Now I'll stop crying and get myself ready for IOTA.. so
                hear ya there.... 73's from 9A7P at 9A6NHH

          p.s. regards to all teenagers workin' iaru... i heard 4n7rgh
               and n5nu active... next time maybe more??.. hear ya all..
          p.s.s. i tryed to put some jokes.. you didnt laugh much..ha?
               i knew i'm not born to make people laugh...

                                        // 9a6nhh - Hrvoje Horvat //
                                    (hmm that looks like a dog signed on it?)

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               R.C."Pazin"-CONTEST TEAM  9A7P
               P.O.Box 73
               Pazin, HR 52000