[3830] IARU-KS7O-MIXED/SO/HP

Bryan M. Bydal bydal at mailhost.mis.net
Mon Jul 12 19:29:46 EDT 1999

    Well, another contest under my belt...and more learning experiences!!
As usual, murphy was ever so present. Started Friday when all I had to do
was put up a simple inverted vee for 40 and 80, to replace the one blown
down in a storm. Should only take about an hour or two right?.....WRONG!!
Ended up taking all day, 2 trips to hardware store and about 5 trips up the
100 ft tower...finally finished about 8pm! Inlaws are in town for the
weekend so all I hadto do was go out for dinner Friday night,right? WRONG!!
Ended up going bowling till 1am!! Gotta keep the inlaws and xyl happy,
especially when you are to do a contest! Oh boy!!
    So got up on time Sat, 6Am, daughter had been playing on the computer
the night before that was all set up for the contest, had to redo all of
it. Get into the contest and kept having trouble with the relay between the
amp and my IC751A sticking.
Had to go to radio shack and get a new one, another 2 hrs gone!   15 and 20
were awesome, but QRN until about 1 pm, then finally got some good runs
going, had a hard time breaking away to look for mults on 10,40 and 80.
Along with no 160 for an easy mult or 2! I think these were my downfalls.
Well enough of my rambling! See everyone in the next contest.

                 IARU HF Championship -- 1999

      Call: KS7O                     Country:  United States
                                     Category: Single Operator

     BAND      QSO   QSO-PTS   PTS/Q    ZONES  HQ STNS

      160        0        0     0.00      0      0
       80       18       34     1.89      5      2
       40       40      112     2.80     15     12
       20      647     2817     4.35     38     26
       15      518     2234     4.31     34     18
       10        8       28     3.50      3      2

     Totals   1231     5225     4.24     95     60

                 Score: 809,875 points

Equipment Description:
IC751A
Homebrew 4-1000 Amp
10-4 ele mono @ 35ft
15-4 and 5 ele mono's 110ft and 65ft
20-5 ele mono @ 105 ft
40 & 80 inv. vee's, apex at @100ft

Club Affiliation: Kentucky Contest Group

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Bryan Bydal  KS7O
               108 Welchwood Dr.
               Berea, KY 40403