[3830] K3CR 1999 IARU SOABHP MIXED

James K. Breakall jkb1 at psu.edu
Thu Jul 22 12:43:44 EDT 1999

                             IARU HF CHAMPIONSHIP

     Call used: K3CR                                            Location: 8

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: MIXED           Power: 1500

     Callsign of Operator: KB3AFT

     If multi-operator, show calls of all operators and loggers:

     Exchanged Information: K3CR RST 8

     Hours of Operation: 23:58

              CW      CW     SSB     SSB    band
     band   QSOs     pts    QSOs     pts   mults
     160      12      18       9      17      9
      80      25      47      45     105     19
      40     113     331      34      90     26
      20     453    1851     542    2224     61
      15     461    2121     419    1917     50
      10      10      34      14      44     12
     TOTAL  1074    4402    1063    4397    177       SCORE: 1,557,423

     Club or Team Name: North Coast Contesters

     Comments:
     We are still building the K3CR contest station over the summer.
     There are still a lot of things not finished and work is continuing.
     For this contest, Jim had the 20M stack of three 48 ft 6el OWA yagis
     with all 7 switching combinations and the top and bottom rotating.
     He had the 15M stack of three 48 ft 6el OWA yagis with all 7
     pushbutton combinations but only the lower one was rotating.  He had
     only the two top antennas of the 10M stack of four 48 ft 7el OWA yagis
     with both not rotating.  He also had a tower with two LP antennas
     with the top at at 100 ft and the bottom at 35 ft with both rotating.
     He used the 3el 40M V-Yagi which rotates and switches directions. For
     80M, he had a phone dipole at 175 ft and a CW dipole at 100 ft.  For
     160M, he had a dipole at 175 ft.  He also had a 1600 ft Beverage to
     Europe for 160, 80, and 40 and higher.  He used a two-radio setup with
     a NA box but we didn't have the automated switching fully operational
     yet.  He used an Alpha 87A for one of the amps and an Ameritron AL1200
     fot the other one.  He used two FT1000MP's for the radios.  We are
     presently finishing the rest of the stacking boxes, wiring the fully
     automated switching system for low-power and high-power band filters,
     and all antenna switching.  We are also building a fully automatic
     solid-state amp rated conservatively for 1500W and a 2nd one for backup.
     We hope to have all antennas rotating, switching, and the station
     ready for this Fall.....    Jim WA3FET

     I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations for
     amateur radio  in my country.  My report  is correct and true to the
     best of my knowledge.  I agree  to be bound by  the decisions of the
     ARRL Awards Committee.

     Name: James M. Spence                 Call: KB3AFT
           1245 KEENAN HILL ROAD
           MONONGAHELA, PA  15063

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com