[3830] M1A - IOTA 99 - 12hr SO SSB

darren.hatcher at bt.com darren.hatcher at bt.com
Mon Jul 26 12:13:19 EDT 1999

                               IOTA SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 24-Jul-99, 25-Jul-99

    Callsign Used : M1A
         Operator : G0WCW

         Category : Single Op, 12 Hour SSB

 Default Exchange : 59 EU005

             Name : Darren Hatcher
          Address :
   City/State/Zip :
          Country : England

        Team/Club : Martlesham DX & CG

   80SSB      68          68        516      15
   40SSB      28          28        264      11
   20SSB     224         224       1392      40
   15SSB     394         389       3264      53
   10SSB      11          11        141       5

 Totals      725         720       5577     124

    Final Score = 691548 points.

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

 Another fun IOTA contest!

 The weather was very sunny and in the eighties here at times, making it
hard
 going. But I suppose it is better than cold and rain!

 Equipment used was an FT1000D with AMP, a Cushcraft A3 at 50 feet and
dipoles
 for 80 and 40m.

 Saturday was good for multipliers and 15m was alive with many JA stations
 calling in Europe (less so on the Sunday morning run).

 Not much of a stateside run from my QTH on any band but Europe was as noisy
and
 busy as usual!

 Thanks to all the responded to my calls, and anyone who wants to QSL should
go via
 G4BAH. Thanks also to Ipswich Radio club for the use of the station.

 I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
established
 for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct and true to the best
 of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards
Committee.