[3830] OH5NQ (OH6EI op) WPX CW SOAB HP Unass

Tomi Ylinen OH6EI tomi.ylinen at pp.inet.fi
Wed Jun 2 18:48:29 EDT 1999

                  CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: OH5NQ(op OH6EI)          Country:  Finland
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Op All Band
      Address                                 High Power Unassisted
      Tomi Ylinen
      Kirkkokuja 12 C
      01230 Vantaa
      Finland

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES

      160       20       43   2.2        3
       80      117      267   2.3        9
       40      358     1026   2.9      105
       20     1046     2094   2.0      355
       15      971     2337   2.4      316
       10        9       23   2.6        4
     --------------------------------------

     Totals   2521     5790   2.3      792  =   4,585,680

Club Affiliation: Contest Club Finland (CCF)

Comments: Very pleased with myself during and right after the
contest. Not that much any more after seeing some of the other
european's SOAB-scores. Seems that even though propagation is
excellent we face hard times in northern latitudes. But so much
for complaining.
Operating in good propagation is always a thrill. 15 was incredible.
Run to JA very good on Saturday. Not so high rates but steady flow of Qs.
On Sunday daytime (UTC) bands were open but rates remained poor.
Propably lack of stations? Anyway I had off times to take so tactically
this race was good. Except the last two hours. Rate was high and sprits
even higher but time run out and had to close down at 22 UTC.
Results are quite good. A new OH-record acchieved with 1 M marginal.
Score scaled to local MS-stations I can be happy.
Finally the thanks to -portion: of course Peter OH5NQ himself for
letting me to use his excellent station, and everybody else thanks for
nice QSOs.

73's Tomi OH6EI

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com