[3830] W8QZA/6 WPX CW QRP All Band

William Parker wparker2 at san.rr.com
Thu Jun 3 23:02:58 EDT 1999

CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST - 1999

      Call: W8QZA/6                  Country:  United States

      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator QRP

      Total Operating Time  31 Hrs 40 Min.

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES

      160             0             0             0.0            0
       80              4             7             1.8            1
       40            63        144             2.3          28
       20          219        484             2.2        132
       15          276        570             2.1        147
       10            65        146             2.2          37
     --------------------------------------

     Totals:    627     1351   2.2      345  =   466,095

Equipment Description:
Transceiver: Index Labs - 5 Watts
Antennas: 3 el.TA-33M Mosley Tribander up 32 feet, DX-LB Trapped
  Dipole for 160-40, R-7 Vertical

Never worked Europe on 10 meters.  But 20 meters was about the best I've
ever seen in a contest.  There was an hour or two late Friday night where it
seemed that every European I called came back.

My friend Phil N0KE, and Gary W0TM, (and Gary's friend K4FJ), helped me get
my CT program running.  It took all the fatigue out of dupe checking and
really made the contest fun.  (Gee, I never knew the CONFIG.SYS file was so
important!)  THANKS to both of you!!!

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com