[3830] KE9R FD, 1A IN, LP -- Young Blood (weee).

greg fox gfox at purdue.edu
Sun Jun 27 21:46:30 EDT 1999

Q's,
    CW:			SSB:
	80M -- 21	  20M -- 3
	40M -- 310
	20M -- 284
	15M -- 295

    == 913 Q's for 3,696 points (plus 400 bonus).

Equipment:

 FT990, 5KW Generator, 10 gallons of gas, a 80 inverted vee at
 60', 40 inverted vee at 60', A3 tribander at 40', and big ol
 array of solar cells that we cooed the solor race team into
 letting us borrow.

Comments:

 The ops were KB9MWE (Nathan) and KE9R (I), both unwise 19 year
 olds that used a potato gun to shoot the 80 and 40 meter inverted
 vee's up into the trees.

 It rained, a whole lot. Japanese beatles wouldn't stop latching
 onto our faces and we kept getting bit by flys.

 40 and 15 were nice to us. We had to smack 20 around a little until
 we got our Q's on that bad. 80 was really frustrating.

 FD was a nice little "operating event", especially for those
 of us who are going to college and find that ARRL CW SS falls
 right on the weekend of a physics exam... At times I impressed
 myself with my operating skill and at others I was somewhat
 embarrased with my rate and my copying, but it turned out
 alright.

 And, oh, by the way--those SSB Q's didn't happen under my
 watch. Nathan must of slipped a microphone into the tent
 sometime in the wee hours of the morning.

 - Greg , KE9R , gfox at purdue.edu

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com